What sets Pro-Change apart from other behavior change programs is the depth and extent of scientific research on which programs are built and the fact that we continue to use the outcomes generated by our programs to refine their methods and content.
Pro-Change programs have an unparalleled evidence-base. Each program relies on empirically derived decision-making rules that are created based on multivariate statistical analyses of large normative datasets. The programs are created with funding from peer-reviewed NIH grants. The outcome studies demonstrating the effectiveness of the programs are published in peer-reviewed journals. We have summarized each program’s effectiveness in Pro-Change LifeStyle Program Outcomes.
Pro-Change’s Solutions are Unique
Pro-Change solutions are truly population-based and leverage all of the constructs of the Transtheoretical Model (TTM) as opposed to just stage of change. Though important, stage is only one of 14 variables in the TTM. Pro-Change programs also update individualized feedback each time a user interacts with the system as opposed to basing all participant feedback on the first interaction.
Meta-analyses of tailored programs have consistently demonstrated that this type of dynamic tailoring on multiple constructs from the TTM has significantly more impact on behavior change outcomes (Noar et al., 2007; Krebs et al., 2011). Mobile optimization, text messaging, and highly-interactive activities built into the programs are additional features that can increase engagement and user satisfaction.
The planned expansion of the LifeStyle Suite to include interventions for sleep and pain self-management underscore the ways in which Pro-Change continually strives to improve its offering to meet the needs of broad populations.
The coach’s version of each computer-tailored intervention permits counseling to be evidence-based and matched to the needs of each client, unlike many coaching protocols that are based solely on clinical judgment.
Our Value Added Features
- Evidenced-based, individually tailored behavior change tools that leverage best practices in behavior change science
- Customized behavior change guidance that is dynamically updated each time a user returns to the program
- Unique capacity to simultaneously intervene on multiple behaviors
- Engaging, mobile-optimized programs include interactive Personal Activity Centers
- Each program includes a bulleted version of participant feedback for coaches or health care providers who want to provide counseling on health behavior change
- Tailored text intervention messaging can be enabled
- Most programs are written at a 6th grade reading level, use plain language to ensure readability, and include diverse images to ensure broad appeal to all audiences
- Flexible software platform that allows integration into a variety of environments
- LifeStyle programs are in English and Spanish
- Programs accommodate single sign-on if linked to from other sites
- Organization codes allow branding for multiple customers and independent tracking of participants and outcomes
- Standard, longitudinal reporting can be generated automatically
- Each program undergoes continuous quality improvement with annual updates
- Pro-Change has demonstrated capacity to continually innovate, bringing new programs online quickly and efficiently using rigorous research methodology
- Outcomes are published in peer reviewed journals
- Programs use all the constructs of the Transtheoretical Model, not just stage
- Stage-matched goals are suggested for each behavior