- College represents a major life change.
- Change won’t end with this semester, or when you graduate.
- Change will occur throughout your life.
- People who learn more about how to change are less stressed, have a greater sense of control, and are more effective personally, academically, and professionally.
Purpose of this Program
- Regular exercise, healthy eating, and stress management can affect your current and future health, as well as your GPA.
- You may find that learning how to change is helpful in dealing with other healthy changes in the future.
- You can learn through experience how a leading model of change is being applied to improve the health of people across the country and the world.
- You can learn through experience ways that you could help others change in the future if you choose a profession like health coach, teacher, or counselor.
About This Program
- The program is designed specifically for college students to help them start living a healthy life now.
- It involves a computer tailored intervention developed by Pro-Change Behavior Systems, Inc., a research and development company focused on behavior change.
- The program is based on the Transtheoretical Model (Stages of Change).
- The development of this program was funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
How to Participate
- You will get class credit.
- You will need to go through the computer program 3 times during the semester.
- You also need to do 9 activities from the homepage that the program will create for you.
How to Get Credit
- There will be a completion certificate on your homepage to print out and hand in to your instructor by the due dates.
What to Expect
- It will take about 20 minutes to complete a session.
- You’ll be asked questions about your exercise, eating, and stress management habits.
- You’ll get personalized feedback on how to stick with your healthy behaviors and how to improve any not-so-healthy ones.
- Your personalized, interactive homepage has many interactive activities designed to help you be healthy.
Your First Session
- The first time you log into the liveWell program, you will need to register as a new user.
- You will need to provide:
- First and last name
- Email address (this will be your login name, and will be used to remind you when it is time to come back).
Keep in mind that all of your answers are private. Your answers will not be reported to your instructor: She or he will only have access to anonymous group data. Answering honestly will ensure that you get the behavior change guidance that is matched to your needs.