Pro-Change Behavior Systems, Inc. offers an e-Learning course entitled “Basic Transtheoretical Model Training” that provides coaches and other health professionals with the basic concepts and strategies needed to effectively use the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change (TTM, or the “Stages of Change”) when working with clients to change health behaviors.
Professionals may receive continuing education credit for completing this course.
The course incorporates activities such as role-plays and knowledge checks to further enforce the concepts learned. By the end of this interactive four-hour course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand and describe the characteristics of people in each Stage of Change.
- Describe the four main constructs of the TTM.
- Know which TTM principles and processes to employ at each Stage of Change.
- List and define techniques of Motivational Interviewing (MI), a way of working with clients that complements the TTM to support behavior change.
To inquire about this course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-360-2981. To order, please go to http://info.thinkt3.com/basic-
A PDF Info Sheet is also available.
Invest in yourself! Gain valuable skills that will:
- Prepare you to work with entire populations whatever their stage of change
- Teach you the principles of change that are applicable across more than 50 behaviors
- Teach you how to integrate principles and processes of change from 12 theories of counseling and behavior change
- Teach you an approach to reduce multiple risks and enhance multiple domains of well-being and productivity
- Teach you about the scientific research that supports the TTM
- Support you in using the TTM at work
At only $150.00, this program is an efficient and effective professional development opportunity.
What professionals have said about the training:
I completed the e-Learning program for the TTM program yesterday and am very impressed with it. After 8 years in the Disease Management industry, I wish I would have had this course when I started in the field. The program is very easy to follow, provides the core content needed to understand both TTM and MI-and how to apply them in guiding a member to make affective behavior change.
My experience with e-Learning training left me with a thorough understanding of the stages of behavior change as they are applied in assisting members/participants in changing lifestyle behaviors. There were excellent examples of how to incorporate strategies and kind encouragement in meeting a participant member where they currently are in their journey of making changes toward a healthier way of living.
Very interactive and easy to follow—informative and I feel that the training will be VERY useful for our organization.
I’M SO EXCITED! I completed the TTM training yesterday (very informative and interesting) and put it right to use today. I counseled two patients—one on obesity, one on smoking cessation. I was able to determine their stage or change and apply the principles to interviewing them (processes, OARS). It worked! I moved both of them up a stage! I need to look into the information on the resource page of the TTM so I can hone my questioning skills! Best four hours I ever spent studying!
The techniques for trying to effect change from stage to stage will be integral to my practice, as often time is lost describing what changes to make to patients without fully evaluating whether they are ready to implement such changes.
We believe this program should be a requirement for all health professionals and want to provide this course to our developing membership. We know your program will be a great professional development resource for all of the health professionals we serve.